A message from our Chief Information Officer
Information Technology and Computing Services (ITCS) aims to utilize technology to accomplish shared university goals that impact our mission of education, research and patient care. By doing so, we not only provide a positive impact on our students, faculty and staff but also in our community.
ITCS takes great pride in the technology services and support we offer, and the accomplishments are many. The past academic year (2022-2023) was successful in terms of our focus on offering a high level of customer service, high availability of computing resources, and making a significant impact to the university mission through strategic IT projects.
A few highlights from this year:
- Significant enhancements to our campus IT Security Training and Awareness Initiatives
- Assuming technical support for the Innovation Early College High School students and faculty
- Completion of another cohort for CourseFIT
- Degree Works Update for improved user experience and advanced dashboards
- Migration of the ECU Homepage to the Cloud for higher availability
- To see more accomplishments during this past academic year, please review our ITCS Annual Report 2023.
ITCS has managed to complete all these projects – and many more – while maintaining exceptionally high marks on our customer survey metrics. We’re able to accomplish what we do because our greatest asset is our people. ITCS staff have shown tremendous dedication and skill plus a capability for innovation to solve challenging problems for our institution.
Our greatest goal is to help you achieve yours. It’s been a pleasure to serve campus over the course of this fiscal year, and we are looking forward to the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Zach Loch, Associate Vice Chancellor and Chief Information Officer