CrashPlan Backup Utility
Computer crashes and accidental deletions happen. But lost data is a thing of the past with CrashPlan backup utility. Easy to download and easy to configure, CrashPlan works in the background for continuous file backup on either Mac or Windows. It even offers previous versions of each file in the event a file is restored.
Licensed by ECU, this application is available to ECU departments through an annual license fee of $79.38 per user. A user’s license allows installation on up to four ECU-owned Mac or Windows systems.
- Windows or Mac availability
- Unlimited online storage
- Minute-by-minute backups
- 448-bit file encryption
- Online, email, phone support
- Real-time dashboard reporting
- Weekly status email reports
- Submit the CrashPlan service request. You must be a department representative. An ITCS tech will schedule the consult.
- Enter the department FOAP into Banner for appropriate charge-back.
- Installation instructions are sent to each department member. The app is available from the ECU Download Center after payment processing.
- The department is contacted each March for renewal.
CrashPlan uses 448-bit file encryption so data stays encrypted until you need it restored. CrashPlan is also approved for FERPA data, if the user has prior approval.
However, please note that HIPAA and other sensitive data should never be stored on your computer’s hard drive and, therefore, will not be stored on your CrashPlan backup.