ECU Wired Network
Both residence halls and campus buildings include a wired network for desktops, laptops and other devices that can connect through an Ethernet cable.
File-sharing traffic is blocked. If you have an academic or administrative need to use BitTorrent, uTorrent, Vuze or other file-sharing application, please submit a Peer-to-Peer File Sharing exception form. For more information, see the file sharing page.
Connect desktops, laptops, TVs and other internet-ready, non-wireless multimedia devices to this network. Switches, routers and other networking hardware are not allowed on campus or in residence halls.
Connect to ECU’s Wired Network – Residence Halls
Registration is required weekly unless you register the device via the My Devices Portal.
- Plug your device into the network port using an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on the device.
- Open a browser and navigate to www.ecu.edu.
- The page will redirect to the Wired Authentication Login page.
- Type in your PirateID and passphrase. Click Sign In. The Acceptable Use Policy dialog box opens.
- Read the policy. Click Accept. The Welcome Message dialog box opens.
- Click OK.
- The Campus Living home page opens. You are now connected to the ECU network.
If you live in a residence hall and wish to connect a smart TV or other internet-ready, multimedia device, please follow these steps to register the device in the My Devices Portal.
- Go to http://mydevices.ecu.edu and log in with your PirateID.
- Read the Acceptable Use Policy and click the Accept button. The Manage Devices screen opens.
- Click the Add button to continue.
- From the Add Device screen, complete the device name, Device MAC address and description. Click Submit. You choose the device name and description. The MAC address is an alphanumeric, multi-digit number displayed on the device as the Wireless MAC or Wi-Fi address.