We offer students the convenience of printing, copying and scanning classwork from labs or campus kiosks through our Print Management Program. This program saves students money and the environment!
Visit the Pirate Print quota page for the 2018-2019 disbursement schedules.
New Copy/Scan Service!
Students can now copy and scan documents in several campus computer labs. Copies cost $0.02 for b/w and $0.10 for color (per page). There is NO CHARGE to scan.
Brody 2L37 | Fletcher Music Library | Health Sciences Campus Student Center
Joyner Library | Laupus Library | Umstead Hall | Ross Hall
Pirate Print Kiosks
The Print Kiosk service allows students to send a print job from their personal computer – on campus or off campus – to a print kiosk located on campus.
Current Pirate Print locations:
- Allied Health Building (College of Nursing lobby) Map
- Austin Lobby (by Austin 104 computer lab) Map
- Bate 3rd Floor Map
- Mendenhall Student Center (Main Level) Map
- Minges (Purple Hallway) Map
- Rivers (by Rivers 139 computer lab) Map
- Science & Technology Building (2nd floor) Map
- Wright Place (walkway between Dowdy Student Stores and Wright Place) Map
Student Print Allowance
As part of the student fee budget, a $30 print allowance is allocated to every enrolled student each academic year as follows:
- Fall Semester – $10
- Spring Semester – $10
- Summer – $10
The print balance declines as students print from labs or kiosks. Current rates:
- Black/white documents – $0.02 per page
- Color – $0.10 per page
- Specialty printing is charged at $0.10 per square foot
Unused funds roll to the next semester until each August. Funds do not roll over from year to year. Rarely, the annual print allotment is exhausted, and a student must add personal funds to continue printing from labs. To add funds, log in to pirateprint.ecu.edu.
A student’s print balance shows on the computer lab desktop after login. Students can check their balance at any time from pirateprint.ecu.edu. Staff are not given a print allowance and cannot print in computer labs.
Students may request a refund for botched print jobs through this form.
Occasionally, Pirate Print is unavailable due to server updates during the IT system maintenance window (Sundays, 5:00a to 12:00 noon).
Print From Your Own Device
Print from your mobile device to a lab printer. NOTE: Service only available on campus.
- Connect your device to the eduroam network. Need to onboard? See these instructions.
- Add a lab printer to your device (Android, ChromeOS, MacOS, iOS, Windows). Instructions here: PaperCut Mobility Print Help Center. Printers are labeled/named as Mobility Printer Name: [printername].
- Print your file.
- Release the print job at http://pirateprint.ecu.edu/client. You may notice a delay between printing and releasing the document.