Account Deactivation Schedule
Student PirateID accounts are active as long as the student is enrolled. ECU deactivates a student’s account when that student is not enrolled for the current semester and also meets at least one of the following conditions:
- The student does not have an active incomplete
- The student has not graduated from ECU
- The student has not taken a class for credit as a degree-seeking student
- The student is not in good academic standing (ex., academic suspension)
- If the student is not enrolled for two consecutive semesters (fall or spring semesters only), the PirateID is deleted
- Students receive an email prior to deactivation with instructions on saving all account information prior to deactivation
If you are not enrolled for one or more semesters (except summer session), you must apply for readmission. For more information contact ECU Admissions at 252.328.6640 or visit www.ecu.edu/admissions/.
You must register for at least one credit hour each semester (except summer session) until all degree requirements are complete (e.g., thesis, professional paper, internship, etc.). If there is a break in enrollment, you are required to apply for readmission. For more information contact your graduate program director or the graduate admissions department.
Upon graduation, a student’s PirateID/email account is automatically moved to the alumni email system.
Following the Academic Computer Use Policy and the Student and Employee Computer Use Policy, an employee’s access to university resources is removed or adjusted upon department transfer, retirement, resignation or involuntary termination.
The supervisor of an exiting employee, whether transferring, retiring, resigning or being terminated, should complete the Account Termination Request (see above) to have that employee’s access removed from ECU systems such as ecuBIC, Banner, HealthSpan, etc. The request may be submitted prior to the employee’s last work day.