ECU Email Setup and Access
Student and alumni ECU email is managed through Microsoft Office 365. Staff ECU email accounts continue to be serviced through ECU Exchange servers.
Email Web Logins
Log in to email through a browser:
- Alumni – mymail.ecu.edu
- Alumni (before February 2014) – https://outlook.com/alumni.ecu.edu
- Faculty/Staff – piratemail.ecu.edu
- Students – mymail.ecu.edu
Mobile Security Reminders:
- Faculty/Staff are required to set a device PIN (passcode) when configuring ECU email.
- Students/alumni are not required to set a PIN.
- Never store sensitive data on a mobile device
|Other settings (for some Androids):||Use SSL, Accept all SSL certificates|
*Phones that don’t provide a separate field for domain should use intra\username in the username field.
|Username:||complete email address|
Learn Outlook tips and tricks with these Lynda.com video classes: Outlook for iOS and Android First Look , Outlook for Mac 2016 Essential Training and Outlook 2016 Essential Training (Windows)
- Install from Office 365 version on personal computers (students, staff, faculty)
- Outlook is installed on ECU-purchased computers (faculty, staff)
- Open Outlook
- First-time users are prompted to enter their email address and ECU passphrase
- Automatic account set up walks you through the rest of the process
- See other settings above.
Mobile Tablet/Phone (iOS, Android, Windows Mobile)
- Set a PIN for the device to enable encryption (staff and faculty required)
- From the app store, download the Microsoft Outlook – email and calendar app
- Follow the prompts and enter your email address and ECU passphrase
See these instructions for setting up Outlook on a Kindle or Blackberry: Outlook Web App help page
Apple Mail (Mac laptop or desktop)
The native email program installed on your Mac. See this website for set up instructions: http://support.apple.com/mail.